Monday, March 12, 2007

Yes, a Monday

My little Prince has been fed, and is enjoying his time on his vibrating throne. I can hear some soft grunts from him, as I know he is working on a nice juicy pile. Brutus is tucked away under the master sheets. This is the time of day that he is allowed to sleep in bed, since Momma doesn't need another hot body in bed.

We are getting a nice routine/schedule here a la maison de Joseph. I continue to cringe at the word, and I am aggravated that my life is not my own to stay up and knit or read until 2am. Dogs and babies like structure. My husband likes structure. So with my men, I must have structure with eating, cleaning, relaxing and sleeping in order to get the four main essential tasks categories done each day.

Friday night we all went to Pancheros for burritos. Very tasty! On the way over, the Prince was shrieking in the car seat, and we had to pull over to try and read his baby brain and cries. Insert the pacifier. We had a lovely meal, with the Prince in his chariot and very content. We made our way to Valley West Mall, to introduce the Prince to some of the staff at Josephs, and then to exchange an outfit at Younkers, and shop at the Baby Gap. I had a gift card that was about 2 years old, just burning a hole in my wallet. I some how spent $45 on one baby outfit, and took the $5 balance in cash. Maybe the reason the Baby Gap is so depressing is because it is the same price for an adult outfit as it is a baby's outfit and we know that the materials are much smaller. We had to evacute quite quickly after that, since our little man started to fuss again. The car seat was not an option with the shrieking starting again. The only trick was the nipple for him to gnaw on while we went to McDonalds for a shamrock shake. He was appeased and back in his car seat, and the plan was for me to run into Barnes and Noble to get my book club book, but the screaming started again. As if he knew that this was not a typical evening, and everything was crazy compared to his regular life, post-birth. He would only let Momma carry him while we hunted down the book.

Saturday was a stay in day, considering the previous night. I hit the laundry and the goal was to stay on top of it. Marmee created a fabulous laundry folding station in our poorly lit basement, and I don't know how she had the courage to move things around those scary new places, mostly filled with cobwebs. I explored the basement for the first time with detail, and found that she does have a way with things. (We all know that.) When Husband came home, I whipped up some beef with broccoli and we watched Mel Brooks' movies. Slightly entertaining, but over all not my bag, baby.

We saved the food shopping for Sunday with Husband so there were extra hands to help in case of crisis. We have learned to be very fast on our outings of errands in order to get the Prince in an out without too much of a scene. With fabulous weather, Husband and I surveyed the back yard and all of the mud from the fence installation. The plans for lawn therapy have been discussed, and hopefully there is a chance for us to have a beautiful lawn, void of vile mushrooms. We went to the in-laws for pizza and a visit. The pizza was gluten free...so the crust was just cheese, and cheese on top of the cheese. Mother in-law planted pepperoni and green olives on the pizzas, but I don't think that we will try them again since they were quite greasy.

I have been watching A Good Year with Russel Crowe and Albert Finney, directed by Ridley Scott and it is a fabulous film! I have been watching it over and over, so you don't have to! Actually, I plan to keep it for the next week so I can take it back to Iowa City and have a good movie watch with Marmee. Hopefully we can squeeze it in.

My juicy pile is ready.

No comments: